Who Is Benny Hsu?
Benny Hsu is an entrepreneur, a blogger, and iPhone app developer. He released his first app on the App Store in August of 2011 called, Photo 365, and in the first month he was featured as App of the Week by Apple and earned $30,000 in just 30 days. Since then, he’s launched more than 20 apps on the App Store.
In today's episode Benny and I discuss:
- Benny's turning point of working in the restaurant industry to going online, starting a blog, and creating his first iPhone App.
- Why Benny started his blog, Get Busy Living.
- Benny's process and how he started work on his blog and his first iPhone app in the same month.
- How Benny saw a problem he had with the photo apps that were out there and decided to create a solution.
- Benny's idea of making an app that looks and feels like Apple quality.
- Benny's realization that he can outsource designing & coding an app.
- The differences between hiring an App Development Company with in-house developers and designers vs. being the middleman and hiring both separately.
- How Benny found the company to help him with designing & coding his app.
- The development process and the length of time it took to complete Photo365.
- The best approach to submitting your app to the App Store. Whether to do-it-yourself, or let a pro help you.
- How long it took for Photo 365 to be approved for the App Store.
Resources Mentioned During This Episode:
Connect With Me & The Podcast:
Can't wait until Thursday for the next episode? You can listen now and hear Benny answer the question I asked, "Did you have to do any advertising for your App?".